My Bladder Did Not Explode, Thank the Lord! {My Ultrasound Experience}

If you’re new here, I hope you’ll subscribe to my RSS feed so you won’t miss any fantastic giveaways! 🙂

I have to share my ultrasound experience!

Not that it was anything very out of the ordinary I mean, if youve had babies before then youve probably shared nearly the same experience. But it was still a big turning point in my pregnancy, and I want to remember it both the good and bad. 🙂

Plus, its fun to talk about and compare stories!

First, I was worried about drinking enough water. I gulped down a 24-ounce glass of water on the drive over to my friend Erins house (she sooo sweetly watched Emma for me during my ultrasound and appointment), and then drank almost a whole Pepsi (12 ounces) as well. I was determined that this child would be moving while I was in the room, no being lazy and hiding his gender! I shouldnt have worried, though he is Johns child, he will be an active child (like Emma).

Apparently I drank more than enough because by 10 minutes to the appointment time I was DYING.

I waited for about 4 hours (slight exaggeration) in the waiting room with a very very very very VERY full bladder to be graciously admitted into the ultrasound room. I finally was called (about 20 minutes late) and hobbled into the room hoping I would make it to the table before something exploded (have you ever seen What About Bob?). I lay on the table and prepared for the torture of having pressure applied to my bladder, but the baby must have been very well visible because she didnt have to apply much pressure at all. Thank You, Lord!

My one disappointment with the ultrasound is that there were no monitors for me to look at for the 10 minutes or so that the ultrasound tech spent taking measurements. I had to watch her poker face (man, they have that down well!) and my husbands confounded expression and tilted head as he tried to make sense of the blob.

That man. They joked that it was an ink blot test. I wanted to smack them. lol What is kicking me inside my tummy does not feel like a blob!

After the measurements were taken, I finally got a glimpse of my little peanut. The problem is I really dont remember a lot of movement and I think because she was late she was in a hurry to get me out. Frustrating! But I did get some pictures. A foot, his bottom (Because I must show people evidence of his gender? I know not.), his face, and his spine.

Our hospital wants you to see the doctor immediately after the ultrasound, so another hour or so of waiting. She was half an hour late, then had to go deliver a baby and left again so I saw a midwife. I loved the midwife I saw, and my husband liked her, too. She was really nice. Maybe if I ever get pregnant again Ill see a midwife. But right now I dont really want to change and Im not sure it matters so much who delivers the baby as long as I get my prize in the end. 🙂

Share your ultrasound story!