Are We Ready For Potty Training? How About Now?
Weve made some progress in the potty training area, finally!
Well, I call it progress, but Emmas actually being potty trained is still afar off. Mainly because Im too worn out with this pregnancy to be consistent at the moment. Sad, but true. 🙂
But I can tell she is very close to being ready! For these reasons:
- She sits on the potty very willingly (of her own accord), and associates it with fun since Ive given her stickers every time she does so.
- She now says ewwwww! regarding her dirty diapers when I change them. Hey, thats progress!
- She sheds her diapers as often as she can I dont think she likes them (and I dont blame her).
These are very good signs, but there are also signs shes not quite ready. Yet.
- I tried dangling some pretty undies with Fancy Nancy on them in front of her in hopes that she would love them so much she would ditch the diapers. Alas, she had no interest in them and shook her head emphatically with an evil half smile on her face when I asked her if she wanted to wear them. Sigh. Maybe I should try some Winnie the Pooh undies next time
- She has no desire to pull her pants and diaper down before sitting on the potty.
- She still doesnt mind having a dirty diaper. She may think its ew, but she isnt desperate to have it removed.
I really want to have her potty trained before the new baby comes in January. I am glad shes getting used to the idea of using the potty she just hasnt actually gone in it yet, though Ive tried bribery and begging. Oh well, itll happen soon Im sure!
So how and when was your little one potty trained? Ive heard its different with each kid. What worked for you?